Re: [bolger] Re: MICRO TRAWLER

  • philbolger@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 12, 2012

      For what a Diesel inboard/outboard drive alone costs, the tax-man could be 'greased' for likely a decade or two...

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
      Message 42 of 42 , Nov 16, 2012
        True Doug, Ford FE gas truck engines had larger diameter crankshafts and cam profiles designed more for low RPM torque, compared to the equivalent car engines. Some GMC truck gassers even had exhaust valve rotators and stellite valve seats, anticipating heavier engine load demands.

        Your Isuzu may have had oil starvation issues if the oilpan capacity was not increased and the pickup lowered. I have a marinized 1956 Packard V8 with the oilpan capacity increased from 5 quarts to 4 gallons and an integral oil cooler built in. Most working boats of 25-30 feet and up have gone diesel but that may not be a practical option for the MT being discussed. 4 cycle outboards have been around for several years now and have a good track record even in small commercial fishboats that get hard use.