Re: [bolger] Re: MICRO TRAWLER

  • nezih
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 11, 2012
    Sir,
    Thanks for your below comments.For engine,I am agree with you.I am from one of the Mediterrenaen countries,standards are not
    so high.So Indoor engine installation will not be a big problem for standards.Offcourse it is necessary fo security.I think to install
    one Diesel,air cooled engine.Offcourse ventilation and air intake standards will be applied.Generally,what we are doing in hot summer time.
    When the engine heat is up,we take off the Engine cover for more air ventilation and more air intake.Besides,half of the engine will be over
    the rear deck.So it will be easy to do an operation like this.In order to eliminate fuel vapors,I can install the fuel tank at the open cockpit,at the
    rear side.I really thank you very much for your kind comments.I will take into consideration during the building of MT.
    Pls find attached another two pictures,builded without the sleeping quarters area.It seems beatiful.
    Nezih

    Message 42 of 42 , Nov 16, 2012
      True Doug, Ford FE gas truck engines had larger diameter crankshafts and cam profiles designed more for low RPM torque, compared to the equivalent car engines. Some GMC truck gassers even had exhaust valve rotators and stellite valve seats, anticipating heavier engine load demands.

      Your Isuzu may have had oil starvation issues if the oilpan capacity was not increased and the pickup lowered. I have a marinized 1956 Packard V8 with the oilpan capacity increased from 5 quarts to 4 gallons and an integral oil cooler built in. Most working boats of 25-30 feet and up have gone diesel but that may not be a practical option for the MT being discussed. 4 cycle outboards have been around for several years now and have a good track record even in small commercial fishboats that get hard use.