Re: Micro

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 53 , Nov 5, 2012
      Regarding suitable inflatable kayaks for use as a tender
      here is a link to the kayak which I purchased after a lot of research

      The Gumotex Helios kayak is very easy to paddle and traks straight, is very light weighs approx 30lbs. It is suitable for 2 people or one person with supplies. It is not as stable as some other inflatables but it is fine for getting in and out of the long micro with its high sides. If you want a more stable platform you trade off the ease of pedaling. It is made out of the same materials as most  inflatable tenders has the same type of inflation valves ect.. Inflatables are very  good in a swell and surf as the conform to the wave shape somewhat. I believe the coastal search and rescue in British Columbia use this Gumotex Helios model.

      Cheers
      PAT
    • Pat
      Message 53 of 53 , Nov 27, 2012
        Hi
        I just posted on youtube a Vid of Long Micro LOMA trip arround Koh Chang.

        Warm regards
        Pat