Re: ExistenceSeriouslyConfirmed

  • c.ruzer
    Message 1 of 85 , Oct 22, 2012
      Well spotted there Tom,
      http://boatbits.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/a-really-smart-rig.html
      http://boatbits.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/some-more-balanced-lug-goodness.html

      So, EconomySeagoingCruiser plans were drawn... with some noteable changes to the 30-ODD BOATS sketch proposal. How long has Bob had them pinned on a wall? I mean how long ago were the ESC plans drawn, not how long has Bob vouched for the balanced lug... that's not the trickest balanced lug PCB drew, so the eighties? Early or late?? Bob's low res scan when blown up looks to me to show in the title box: "DESIGN #..." - I can't make out the number. Any built? Chris posted a few times that he had ESC plans, but mustn't have been able to locate them... Another said that one was once to be seen in the Port Townsend area, but the Coots up that way did not confirm the sighting...

      So then, what's the design number? Are the plans fully detailed? How many sheets? Is there a comprehensive suggested building key? What price?

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Pee" <tompee77@...> wrote:

      > Saw pictures of the ESC boat at Boatbitsblog. Would like to recieve more info regardin dimensions and reason for design. What does ESC stand for? Is the hull box shaped?
    • c.ruzer
      Message 85 of 85 , Oct 26, 2012
        Yes, leaning that way Gregg.

        Holding me up are potential issues to do with physical features both of the preferred construction site in the backyard at home and the boat under construction, uncertainties as to the specs and bill of materials involved, fitout details, and lack of a building key have me considering risk to reward rather closely. Faced now with concrete propositions I'm currently wondering if it may not be more wise to take on the Anhinga project as a lower risk warm-up before the big event, or to just do it. They're not unpleasant considerations, yet 8300lbs of unknown boat even done economically is still some considerable weight to carry.