Some more local politicking...

  • philbolger@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2012
      Good Morning All.
      Here for your records is an article in the Gloucester Daily Times:
      To Google-Earth the site punch in 'Gloucester House Restaurant' Gloucester, and it will be on its northern side.

      For the actual Dec.15 2010 Proposal see also:
      http://gloucester-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/593

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
    • SSK
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2012
        Re: Some more local politicking...

        Susan,

        Your letter to the editor sounds like a reasonable and forward thinking proposal.  Good luck with the effort.  Hope you have a hidden stream of funding for kickbacks and such to key officials We spent years in my little town trying to get a year round swimming facility built on city land.  Passed a special use tax to fund it, but forgot the need for kickbacks, and ended up with a multimillion dollar conference center in the city part, complete with a twenty year mortgage.  Needless to say, we just didnt realize that none of the city officials had family in pool business, they were all home and vertical industrial construction contractors.

        The next time anyone wants to throw a conference on the rural coast of Georgia complete with marshes and swamps, but no facilities or entertainment, contact me off line and I will try and hook you up.  There is an Econo Lodge and Family Dollar Store within a mile of the conference center and a waffle house so all logistics can be covered.

        By the way, I know some former city officials who now live on high bluff overlooking the sound at the mouth of the river.  The new guys in office are trying hard to secure their place in history also, having just procured over 800 acres of swamp for several million dollars to develop into a new city park.  If the COE lets them violate the wetlands acts, the swamp can be made usable once it is filled in with an estimated 30K cubic yards of fill.

        You will probably have to make sure the key people get more money than the condo developers in your area are willing to pay them for the rights to develop your harbor front property.

        How is the boat project coming for the Navy and the state??  Finished sea trials yet?  Or does that have to wait for the next issue of MAIB?

        Regards, SSK

        -----

        No virus found in this message.

        No virus found in this message.