Silverblase concept study

  • James
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2012
      Has this been published?
      Thank you,
      James
    • BruceHallman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
        No mention of Silver Blaze concept study that I recall.

        She was mentioned by Hugo Tyson once in October 2004 on this group
        list, msg copy and pasted below:

        From hhetyson@... Fri Oct 08 18:53:54 2004
        Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:53:52 +1000 (EST)
        To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
        From: Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@...>
        Subject: Re: [bolger] Inboard Sneakeasy/ "Silver Blaze"

        hal <hal@...> wrote:

        "My thoughts:
        put a "real" bottom on it.
        mid engine, crew aft just like the classics.
        widen it to 5 feet.

        Presto you no longer have a Sneakeasy. You have a completely
        different boat with a family resemblance.

        The conclusion I always come to is:
        build a box cutwater Sneakeasy as it was designed
        or
        design a new boat using the Sneakeasy as inspiration.

        hal"

        Hal,

        Phil Bolger is currently designing me an Inboard Runabout based on the
        "Snow Leopard" design featured in his book "BWAOM". The new design is
        slightly smaller at 26' x 6'6'' and will, according to Bolger, only
        require an engine of about 130 HP to exceed 30+ Knots.

        The new design is called "Silver Blaze", its not finished yet, and I'm
        not sure how much progress Bolger has made on it since I spoke to him
        in late January, but I'm hoping it will be completed before the year
        ends.

        One of the requirements was that the styling was to be based apon the
        "Snow Leopard" design, though how closely is yet to be seen as I've
        yet to see any drwaings!

        Hugo Tyson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.

        Bolger rules!!!
        - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930,
        Fax: (978) 282-1349

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM, James <jimrudholm@...> wrote:

        > Has this been published?