MODIFICATION OF BOLGER MICRO TRAWLER

  • Ahmet
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012
      I made my decision for Bolger Micro Trawler building and searched the MT builders.
      One of them builded MT without rear Closed Cabin and attached picture.
      I want to clarify two points and they are as follows;
      1-In stead of building the rear cabin may I build the front Cabin and attached two pictures,
      related with this subject.
      2-May I install one inboard engine near to the end of back side?

      I am in doubt whether two modifications will spoil the balance of new MT or not.

      Awaiting the comments of two A/M subjects.

      I wanted to attach tree pictures.But could not succeed.
    • nezih
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012
      Now succed to attach pictures

    • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
      Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "nezih" <gencahm@...> wrote:

        > Now succed to attach pictures

        Well, build the boat you want to own. BUT, MT is small 14 foot boat, just about 4 meters. The cuddy (forward low cabin) you show in the pics is more a "duffle", that is a place to store things than a place people can be in. So you would end up having to live with a hot smelly engine in the cockpit of this really small boat never intended for inboard power.

        I would suggest looking up the "Bonefish" cartoon here in the Yahoo group. You could buy plans for "Hawkeye", and use them as a guide in creating Bonefish. With all the modification you wish to do, that's easier (to me) than modifying MT.

        A small diesel could be placed in the Bonefish box keel instead of the belt drive from a lawn mower engine shown in the cartoon. The 18' (almost 6 meters) will provide more deck space for a storage space or useable cuddy. I would also suggest searching for Hawkeye photos, because a couple have been build with a forward cuddy like you describe. They will give you an idea of the accommodation provided by the cuddy.

        All that said