Re: [bolger] Re: Morgan out island

  • Douglas Pollard
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2012
      Yeah Jessie, I don't really pay much attention to derogatory comments
      except maybe as a red flag to take a look. I had been thinking in terms
      of possibly a wide sharpie or a sailing barge as an old age home with
      the ability to move around the country in waterways with a now and then
      trip to the Bahamas. The OI41 certainly would fit that bill and much
      more. It is big enough my wife can keep much of the things she is
      fretting over getting rid of. I am a machinate and by moving a few
      things around in the engine room I can make room for a tiny machine
      shop. I had one on a Fantaisia 35 in a sail locker under the Port cocpit
      seat that had standing headroom and a work bench. Really worked out
      well and I was always able to make up a new something for a neighboring
      fellow cruiser. As you can see the OI 41 is almost perfect for that.
      She won't settle in the water much when loaded with all our junk and
      that is important to me to. I just wish she had leeboards in place of a
      keel. Doug