Re: What size for yard and boom for a balanced lug, 58 sq ft?

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
      I put a 61sqft balanced lug on my cartopper at one stage. The spars were both 1" diameter hardwood (eucalyptus). They were strong enough but not stiff enough. If I were to remake this rig I will go for 1 1/2" diameter.

      Despite the flex in the spars I absolutely love the simplicity and flexibility of this rig. The cartopper experience has influenced me to make a 205sqft balanced lug sail for my Chebacco 25 (still under construction - but the sail is finished)

      Andrew