Re: POSSIBILITY OF INBOARD ENGINE MOUNTING TO MICRO TRAWLER

  • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2012
      I own plans for Hawkeye, and have printed out the Bonefish info. Hawkeye plans provide much detail for how Bonefish would come together. At one point I owned a pair of the Briggs & Stratton engines. Today, I doubt one could get the B&S engines past the authorities and onto the water. So I've since let the engines go. A small diesel in the box keel of Bonefish would work very well. So would an outboard trailing behind the keel. It would be very well protected. A 25hp 4 stroke would cruise well and have plenty of power for higher speeds when needed.

      One could apply similar mods to a MicroTrawler, in theory, but with a 14' boat, and a hot smelly engine, there is no cabin space. You'd have to build it as an open boat.