River Rat vacation cruiser

  • ozarknjrat
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 29, 2012
      I'm getting serious about a build inspired largely by Phil's "state boat" series of low power sharpie designs. Intended use is for inland and protected near-coastal water vacation trailer cruises within a few hundred miles of Eastern PA (a lot of great destinations). Simple accommodations for a couple and two medium size kids for up to a week. We did a full scale mock-up in the yard last summer to get a good feel for the concept. See photo posted under the "River Rat" album and a video walk-thru link below.

      Primary specs are about 27ft LOA (3 1/2 sheet sides) and less than 7ft beam. My question for all you experts is: which "state boat" hull would you start with? (assuming some scaling is OK)

      John

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axGWR_ycx2o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    • GNHBus@aol.com
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 1, 2012
        Many will use the e-prop more than 50% of the time, it saves fuel, engine hours, is more enjoyable, more reliable.
        255 amp hrs is a good benchmark