Re: [bolger] Tortoise for fishing

  • Ford Walton
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2012
      Scot,

      I have a shortened (6') Tortoise, which is very handy for ponds, canals, etc.  It rows easily but slowly, but it does not scull well; it just wiggles back and forth.  Instead of the tree, consider 4 posts in the ground and 2 cross-beams on top of them (think 2 very low hitching rails).    The boat is stable upside down, there's little lifting involved, can be tied down for strong winds. Two PT landscape timbers, 1 or 2 2x4's and 4 galvanized lag screws will do it.  Mine is 10 years old and was been through 2 hurricanes.

      Good luck,
      Ford Walton