Re: [bolger] offshore leeboarder

  • Scot McPherson
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
      The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

      Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
      Old Lyme, CT
      Le Claire, IA
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:16 PM, BruceHallman <hallman@...> wrote:

      Susanne,

      I looked both on Amazon.com (for the Kindle reader) and on Barnes & Nobel (for the  Nook reader) and see no availability for BWAOM.  Those two readers cover +90% of the ebooks being sold, so I don't confirm that BWAOM is available via e-book as of this moment in time.

      On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

      So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
      Susanne
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
        On 08/02/2012 02:51 PM, Scot McPherson wrote:

        The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

        Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
        Old Lyme, CT
        Le Claire, IA
        Sent from my iPhone

        I find it odd that it is not on Amazon as that is where I got my copy for Kindle.

        Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

      • philbolger@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

          So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
            On 08/02/2012 03:09 PM, philbolger@... wrote:

            So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            Boats with an Open Mind: Seventy-Five Unconventional Designs and Concepts
            It shows published by International Marine - Camdem, Marine
            Copywrite 1994
            ISBN 0-07-006376-1

            I bought it a little over two years ago.
            If I remember right it was $19.95

            If you need any other info off the copywrite page, let me know.
            I do know that they had it listed for several months as I had bought the copy for my Kindle 2 and when it died my other half gave me her old Kindle DX and we had to buy a second copy for that Kindle.

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

              Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from whom.

              Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format availability.

              Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
              • 1 Attachment
              • 126 KB
              No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
              ebook for sale.

              On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

              > Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
              > as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
              > whom.
              >
              > Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
              > availability.
              >
              > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            • Christopher C. Wetherill
              Message 7 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                ditto
                On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                > ebook for sale.
                >
                > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                >> whom.
                >>
                >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                >> availability.
                >>
                >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

              • Mike Allison
                Message 8 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                  On 08/02/2012 03:59 PM, Christopher C. Wetherill wrote:

                  ditto
                  On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                  > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                  > ebook for sale.
                  >
                  > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                  >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                  >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                  >> whom.
                  >>
                  >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                  >> availability.
                  >>
                  >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                  WWW.FIRSTLOAD.COM lists it for download.
                  and
                  http://www.2shared.com shows it as a PDF

                    Message 10 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                      It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                      Message 11 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                        On 08/03/2012 06:05 AM, philbolger@... wrote:

                        It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
                        Yes, sounds like it. they maybe able to tell you at the same time
                        why Amazon no longer has the Kindle version.

                        Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

                      • Ed Drapela
                        Message 12 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                        • Scot McPherson
                          Message 13 of 23 , Aug 4, 2012
                            That's just a few towns over from me. Nice looking boat.