Re: offshore leeboarder

  • sirdarnell
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
      Go to the Bolger2 group, then files and you'll see a folder named offshore leeboarder.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Kent <kent@...> wrote:

      > Is there anything available on-line about this design? Drawings,
      > article, etc.? Thanks -K.
      >

      > > Sorry about the extended 'dead air' on this end.
      > >
      > > She has features all of which have been designed and built before. But
      > > to my current best understanding, she has not been built.
      > > Thank you for your interest.
      > > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

    • Scot McPherson
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
        The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

        Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
        Old Lyme, CT
        Le Claire, IA
        Sent from my iPhone

        On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:16 PM, BruceHallman <hallman@...> wrote:

        Susanne,

        I looked both on Amazon.com (for the Kindle reader) and on Barnes & Nobel (for the  Nook reader) and see no availability for BWAOM.  Those two readers cover +90% of the ebooks being sold, so I don't confirm that BWAOM is available via e-book as of this moment in time.

        On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

        So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
        Susanne
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
          On 08/02/2012 02:51 PM, Scot McPherson wrote:

          The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

          Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
          Old Lyme, CT
          Le Claire, IA
          Sent from my iPhone

          I find it odd that it is not on Amazon as that is where I got my copy for Kindle.

          Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

        • philbolger@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

            So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
              On 08/02/2012 03:09 PM, philbolger@... wrote:

              So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

              Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

              Boats with an Open Mind: Seventy-Five Unconventional Designs and Concepts
              It shows published by International Marine - Camdem, Marine
              Copywrite 1994
              ISBN 0-07-006376-1

              I bought it a little over two years ago.
              If I remember right it was $19.95

              If you need any other info off the copywrite page, let me know.
              I do know that they had it listed for several months as I had bought the copy for my Kindle 2 and when it died my other half gave me her old Kindle DX and we had to buy a second copy for that Kindle.

              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

                Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from whom.

                Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format availability.

                Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                • 1 Attachment
                • 126 KB
                No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                ebook for sale.

                On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                > Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                > as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                > whom.
                >
                > Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                > availability.
                >
                > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

              • Christopher C. Wetherill
                Message 8 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                  ditto
                  On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                  > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                  > ebook for sale.
                  >
                  > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                  >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                  >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                  >> whom.
                  >>
                  >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                  >> availability.
                  >>
                  >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                • Mike Allison
                  Message 9 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                    On 08/02/2012 03:59 PM, Christopher C. Wetherill wrote:

                    ditto
                    On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                    > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                    > ebook for sale.
                    >
                    > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                    >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                    >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                    >> whom.
                    >>
                    >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                    >> availability.
                    >>
                    >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                    WWW.FIRSTLOAD.COM lists it for download.
                    and
                    http://www.2shared.com shows it as a PDF

                      Message 11 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                        It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                        Message 12 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                          On 08/03/2012 06:05 AM, philbolger@... wrote:

                          It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
                          Yes, sounds like it. they maybe able to tell you at the same time
                          why Amazon no longer has the Kindle version.

                          Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

                        • Ed Drapela
                          Message 13 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                          • Scot McPherson
                            Message 14 of 23 , Aug 4, 2012
                              That's just a few towns over from me. Nice looking boat.