Re: [bolger] Diablo with an inboard

  • philbolger@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2012
      I know, this sounds like a nasty tease.... but there are a quite a few more.  Hence my urge to carve out more time to focus on getting more of the archive processed for accessibility.

      Believe you me, this incomplete state of effectively-formatted access is most maddening/exasperating to me...
      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2012
        Thanks, I hope we see some study plans soon.
        JimR

      • philbolger@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2012
          Looks pretty much like a large Diablo...  Seriously.  No great news to discover.
          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

        • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2012
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <philbolger@...> wrote:

            > Looks pretty much like a large Diablo... Seriously. No great news to discover.
            > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            In "Boats With An Open Mind" chapter 62 there is Samuel Clyde, a 31' Diablo with I/O power and a wonderful cabin scheme, which you wouldn't need to add. Best part is one has been built, so you know the plans have been debugged.

            Chapter 61 mentions and has a photo of an earlier "Fast Motor Sailer", clearly a 26' Diablo set up for sail and an outboard. So at least one of these has been built. If you search for Bolger and McKibben, you will find a current pic of the old FMS with a newer larger cabin on a page full of McKibben's builds covering decades of work.

            So there are complete, larger, Diablo family designs available along with what Suzanne of PB&F just offered. Though there would still be some adapting to a conventional inboard configuration.

            Don