Re: [bolger] offshore leeboarder

  • philbolger@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
      Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library Loan.

      Susanne
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
        BWAOM as an e-book? Sign me up!

      • philbolger@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
          So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
          Susanne
          > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
          > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
          > Loan.
          >
          > Susanne

        • Christopher C. Wetherill
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
            Susanne,

            Can't find on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or the McGraw Hill ebook mall.  I would also buy this title or the othe design books.

            V/R
            Chris

          • philbolger@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
              Well, I misunderstood then...  Pulp seems more reliable anyway, never mind publishers snooping per 'reader' what you are reading and what page you're on...

              Probably misunderstood that one too ?!

              Susanne

              > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
              > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
              > Loan.
              >
              > Susanne

            • BruceHallman
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
                Susanne,

                I looked both on Amazon.com (for the Kindle reader) and on Barnes & Nobel (for the  Nook reader) and see no availability for BWAOM.  Those two readers cover +90% of the ebooks being sold, so I don't confirm that BWAOM is available via e-book as of this moment in time.

                On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
                Susanne
                > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
                > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
                > Loan.
                >
                > Susanne

              • sirdarnell
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                  Go to the Bolger2 group, then files and you'll see a folder named offshore leeboarder.

                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Kent <kent@...> wrote:

                  > Is there anything available on-line about this design? Drawings,
                  > article, etc.? Thanks -K.
                  >

                  > > Sorry about the extended 'dead air' on this end.
                  > >
                  > > She has features all of which have been designed and built before. But
                  > > to my current best understanding, she has not been built.
                  > > Thank you for your interest.
                  > > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                • Scot McPherson
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                    The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

                    Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
                    Old Lyme, CT
                    Le Claire, IA
                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:16 PM, BruceHallman <hallman@...> wrote:

                    Susanne,

                    I looked both on Amazon.com (for the Kindle reader) and on Barnes & Nobel (for the  Nook reader) and see no availability for BWAOM.  Those two readers cover +90% of the ebooks being sold, so I don't confirm that BWAOM is available via e-book as of this moment in time.

                    On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                    So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
                    Susanne
                    > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
                    > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
                    > Loan.
                    >
                    > Susanne

                  • Mike Allison
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                      On 08/02/2012 02:51 PM, Scot McPherson wrote:

                      The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

                      Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
                      Old Lyme, CT
                      Le Claire, IA
                      Sent from my iPhone

                      I find it odd that it is not on Amazon as that is where I got my copy for Kindle.

                      Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

                    • philbolger@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

                        So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

                        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                          On 08/02/2012 03:09 PM, philbolger@... wrote:

                          So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

                          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                          Boats with an Open Mind: Seventy-Five Unconventional Designs and Concepts
                          It shows published by International Marine - Camdem, Marine
                          Copywrite 1994
                          ISBN 0-07-006376-1

                          I bought it a little over two years ago.
                          If I remember right it was $19.95

                          If you need any other info off the copywrite page, let me know.
                          I do know that they had it listed for several months as I had bought the copy for my Kindle 2 and when it died my other half gave me her old Kindle DX and we had to buy a second copy for that Kindle.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

                            Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from whom.

                            Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format availability.

                            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                            • 1 Attachment
                            • 126 KB
                            No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                            ebook for sale.

                            On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                            > Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                            > as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                            > whom.
                            >
                            > Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                            > availability.
                            >
                            > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                          • Christopher C. Wetherill
                            Message 14 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                              ditto
                              On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                              > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                              > ebook for sale.
                              >
                              > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                              >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                              >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                              >> whom.
                              >>
                              >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                              >> availability.
                              >>
                              >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                            • Mike Allison
                              Message 15 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                                On 08/02/2012 03:59 PM, Christopher C. Wetherill wrote:

                                ditto
                                On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                                > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                                > ebook for sale.
                                >
                                > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                                >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                                >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                                >> whom.
                                >>
                                >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                                >> availability.
                                >>
                                >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                WWW.FIRSTLOAD.COM lists it for download.
                                and
                                http://www.2shared.com shows it as a PDF

                                  Message 17 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                                    It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                                    Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                    Message 18 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                                      On 08/03/2012 06:05 AM, philbolger@... wrote:

                                      It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                                      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
                                      Yes, sounds like it. they maybe able to tell you at the same time
                                      why Amazon no longer has the Kindle version.

                                      Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

                                    • Ed Drapela
                                      Message 19 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                                      • Scot McPherson
                                        Message 20 of 23 , Aug 4, 2012
                                          That's just a few towns over from me. Nice looking boat.