Bolger Boat Index, reprise

  • BruceHallman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2012
      Mike John's monumental work putting together an index of the Bolger Boat designs on Duckworks was a great inspiration to me. A big thanks!

      Many here might know of the project I have been working on over the years as part of my studies of Phil Bolger's body of work, to create isometric renderings of as many Bolger designs as I can achieve.  Anyway, as part of this, I have also been trying to collect together my rough and tumble notes about all the PB&F design of which I have knowledge.  Mike's recent work gave me incentive to build on what he did, and combine it is a way with my PB&F notes and renderings.  Essentially, it is now a listing of all the known PB&F designs (roughly 550 out of the 700 total), with links to my isometrics if they exist, and also links to online thumbnails of PB&F designs, etc..  Anyway, this is still a work in progress, subject to updating.

      Sharing it here; I hope you find it educational.  Look at this URL to see a resurrected Bolger Boat index:

    • c.ruzer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2012
        Once more, thanks for creating, compiling, and hosting such great Bolger resources Bruce.

        ...After a quick look-over I believe the thumbnail for CSB cat-yawl sharpie camper skiff Jinni #426 is placed with an earlier larger sloop double-ended Jinni...

        I'm particularly intrigued by the entry for: "AS-19 Advanced Sharpie
        191sf Cat Yawl rig, 8hp #550/559 19'6" x 5'6" V17-N15,16
        Trailerable lee-board daysailer. 500 lead ballast. Boxy with blunt bow." It seems there's an 559 upgrade to #550 I didn't know about. A pleasant surprise! What was changed? More internal accomodations? lighter spars?... a sweet garvey bow!??

        (btw, #550 ballast also specified ok as steel bar; and for the 1/2" ply ok/better sailing performance if of 1/4")

        > Many here might know of the project I have been working on over the
        > years as part of my studies of Phil Bolger's body of work, to create
        > isometric renderings of as many Bolger designs as I can achieve.
        > Anyway, as part ofthis, I have also been trying to collect together
        > my rough and tumble notes about all the PB&F design of which I have
        > knowledge.
      • c.ruzer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2012
          > It seems there's an 559 upgrade to #550 I didn't know about.

          Hang on... #559? That's Superbrick!
        • BruceHallman
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
            Yes, of course.  550/559 is fixed.  (I recall the issue was legibility for AS-19, it is difficult to read the 0 vs. the 9)  Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

            That error and several other now corrected:

            http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics

            On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:38 PM, c.ruzer <c.ruzer@...> wrote:

            > It seems there's an 559 upgrade to #550 I didn't know about.

            Hang on... #559? That's Superbrick!

          • Dave Gentry
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
              Fantastic, Bruce - thanks!

              That "Alert" pic and link is actually a pic of a copy of "Moccasin," not Alert. And you are also free to use pics of my old Eeek!, my Mippet and my June Bug pics, which should be here in the photo gallery or on my website somewhere.

              Again, nice job!

              Dave Gentry
              www.GentryCustomBoats.com
            • BruceHallman