Re: 34' Economy Seagoing Cruiser - not even one image on web! (30 Odd Boats)

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 19, 2012
      A steel hulled Anhinga would be quick to build. I'm not sure about cheaper than decent ply. You could vary the thickness to suit, perhaps up to 3x the bare ply boat. The flat plate just under the cockpit will make the best ballast, though.

      On Jul 18, 2012, at 11:32 PM, c.ruzer wrote:

      Thick enough flat plate steel for aft bottom? Or alternatively all but the decks plate steel? (If all steel the relative expansion issues of the applied AS series armoured bottom are avoided... and ply/wood deck to steel topsides expasion joint is old boat hat..?)

      "Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing." Wernher von Braun