Re: Carlson's Hull Designer and Win 7 problem

  • MylesJ. Swift
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 10, 2012

      I just tried it and it won’t install without installing Babylon which won’t happen here.

      If you have access to a 32 bit version of vista or Seven it will probably work there. I support a DOS program that will run in either 32  bit Windows 7 or using the XPM mode on 64 bit windows 7.

      MylesJ

    • ch_bunch
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 10, 2012
        Is there a way you can remove those posts with the bad link? I tried the download and install before I saw the warning that they are bad. Hope I didn't get infected.
      • slrrls2000
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 11, 2012
          Sorry about that as My fumbly boss often said "I was only trying to help"

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "ch_bunch" <ch_bunch@...> wrote:

          > Is there a way you can remove those posts with the bad link? I tried the download and install before I saw the warning that they are bad. Hope I didn't get infected.

        • Mark Albanese
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 11, 2012
            Greg,

            That 32 bit version also helps with Win 2000. I run that through an emulator on a older Mac but have been plagued by an intermittent GPF with your 16 bit version on some multichine boats when figuring displacement or projecting the sheets.

            Having tried just about every setting and floating point DLL fix available, the likely culprit seemed to be the emulator itself -just trying to squeeze too much out of too little and with no recourse but to live with it. But now that update works fine!

            Thanks for sharing the fun.
            Mark

            On Jul 10, 2012, at 7:55 AM, Gregory wrote:

            I recommend you DON'T go to that link. It looks like a site that rips off shareware and probably adds spyware or other malicious stuff to it.

            I wrote the program for fun and distribute it free (only here and up-to-date) on my business website (we build cutters for sailmakers):

            http://www.carlsondesign.com/hulls.zip

            Whatever may be new is there first and I don't have any relationships or permissions for redistribution, etc. Will let you know after looking at it.

            Gregg Carlson