Re: Aluminum Oldshoe, update/prequel/history.................

  • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 8:16 AM
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mercer" <drmercerking@...> wrote:
      > > I spent my day today tacking up the pieces of my aluminum Oldshoe.

      Can you share about your welder choice?

      >...instead of dragging 200 lbs of dead weight lead around I plan >to install four deep cycle marine batteries as ballast and power >source...A complete hull in two days!

      RE your design choices; Sounds good! I like the "dual purpose" batteries.

      RE 2 days to a complete hull; Are you including the layout and cutting of the parts? Are there a bunch of stiffening extruded angles to add?

      Lastly, have you designed in flotation, high in the hull?

      Don
    • Frank Raisin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8 5:33 PM
        As a welder you would know about sunburn and eyeburn, from the flash. .....once got a bad case myself and I was only the offsider at the other end of the cabin from the welder guy. Aluminum sure reflects!

        Frank

        Looks like its a young world at the centre of things after all!
        Sent from my iPad.