Re: [bolger] Boat Building Material in Cyprus?
Stefan,Go down to the waterfront and ask at the San Rafael Marina. They should be able to help you find what you need.Good luck.Rick
--- On Sat, 6/30/12, Stefan <email@example.com> wrote:
From: Stefan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [bolger] Boat Building Material in Cyprus?
Date: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 11:51 AMDear All,
since I didn't get an answer on two possibly more appropriate forums, allow me to post here my question:
Some months ago I have arrived in Limassol, Cyprus, and plan to stay here for the next years. I am living about 3 km from the sea and am extremely tempted to start boat building again.
Unfortunately, the building space is extremely limited (boat can be max. 10' long, and needs to fit through a 80 cm / 2'8" door). But anyway, TIMS makes big boats possible. ;)
The big issue is now to find the building materials.
I've been able to find exterior and marine grade plywood - although in very limited selection - and not all thicknesses were currently available.
The big issue is now Epoxy, for coating/glueing and as filler/putty.
I hope to find it locally, so that I can avoid the hassle to import it.
Therefore my question: Is there anybody here, who knows where to get the stuff in Cyprus?
Thanks a lot!
- NO "GO AWAY SPAMMER!" posts!!! Please!
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or flogging dead horses
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip away
- Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: email@example.com
- Open discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: