Re: [bolger] Re: Bilge boards on an AS-29

  • Rod Symington
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 25, 2012
      Should be no problem: the bilgeboards are only 1 1/4 inches wide, plus the fiberglass (1/8 inch?), while the bilgeboard slots are a good 2 inches. The bilgebards are unlikely to delaminate because, apart from being totally enclosed in fiberglass, the plywood cheeks are not only epoxied to the aluminum core, but also attached with countersunk throughbolts (braces and suspenders?).

      Rod