Re: [bolger] Re: MICRO TRAWLER BUILDING
- Engine of MT.Can I install one of the attached Air Cooled Diesel Engines,for long trips?----- Original Message -----From: Rick BedardSent: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:39 PMSubject: Re: [bolger] Re: MICRO TRAWLER BUILDING
Yes, a used Yammie 9.9. Four Stroke, high thrust. Quiet and smmooth running, never a problem yet. GPS says 4.5 to 5.5 knots at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle depending on passengers and gear aboard and water conditions. Full throttle highest recorded speed 6.6 knots in flat lake conditions, but not on plane. Once I had the boat nearly empty (very light) and a friend's 2-stroke 15hp and she just lifted right up on plane beautifully.
Never had the spare bucks to get the right motor for passengers, gear, 26 gallons fuel etc. to run on plane, -- a 45hp 4-stroke...
Life on-board at 5 knots is simple and relaxing.
--- On Fri, 6/15/12, prairiedog2332 <arvent@...> wrote:
From: prairiedog2332 <arvent@...>
Subject: [bolger] Re: MICRO TRAWLER BUILDING
Date: Friday, June 15, 2012, 1:15 PM
Looks like a 9.9 Yamaha? How fast you think it goes at moderate cruise
throttle? And about how much throttle to get it up over it's bow wave?
Great family boat I would think for my son who has two young daughters
who love the water and to fish and his wife loves to cook them!
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "prairiedog2332" <arvent@...> wrote:
> I really liked your build Rick.
> Thought it very versatile, easier to build, less cost for material and
> not as much power required to drive it.
> What size OB did you use and would you suggest going with that same
> Thinking economy over outright speed.
> - In email@example.com, Rick Bedard sctree@ wrote:
> > Ah, I see. I'll be happy to try and answer building questions. I
> built an open cockpit version of MT, see photos or files in this group
> and other Bolger groups with "Reddy" in the tag.
- NO "GO AWAY SPAMMER!" posts!!! Please!
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or flogging dead horses
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip away
- Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open discussion: email@example.com Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: