MICRO TRAWLER BUILDING

  • Ahmet
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 14, 2012
      I intend to build Micro Trawler and want to contact the builders of
      Micro Trawler.
    • prairiedog2332
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 14, 2012

        Join the Microtrawler group.

        One has just recently been launched and drew a lot of attention  at a recent messabout. The builder a cabinet maker by trade. He has posted some good photos.

        I think the plans include Bee plans? Which was an 7'6" trial "test bed" for the fully developed hull. So that is an easy cheap way to try the build method and still end up with a great little boat.

        Nels

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ahmet" <gencahm@...> wrote:

        > I intend to build Micro Trawler and want to contact the builders of
        > Micro Trawler.

      • Nezih Tuncoglu
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012
          Really beatiful pictures and nice to hear other Micro Trawler builders.

          One has just recently been launched and drew a lot of attention  at a recent messabout. The builder a cabinet maker by trade. He has posted some good photos.

          I think the plans include Bee plans? Which was an 7'6" trial "test bed" for the fully developed hull. So that is an easy cheap way to try the build method and still end up with a great little boat.

          Nels

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ahmet" <gencahm@...> wrote:

          > I intend to build Micro Trawler and want to contact the builders of
          > Micro Trawler.

        • Rick Bedard
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012
            Or, rather than build, you can buy one. See the bolger for sale group.

            Really beatiful pictures and nice to hear other Micro Trawler builders.

            One has just recently been launched and drew a lot of attention  at a recent messabout. The builder a cabinet maker by trade. He has posted some good photos.

            I think the plans include Bee plans? Which was an 7'6" trial "test bed" for the fully developed hull. So that is an easy cheap way to try the build method and still end up with a great little boat.

            Nels

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ahmet" <gencahm@...> wrote:

            > I intend to build Micro Trawler and want to contact the builders of
            > Micro Trawler.

          • Nezih Tuncoglu
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012
              I am a little bit faraway from sales centers.I am from Middl East

              Or, rather than build, you can buy one. See the bolger for sale group.

              Really beatiful pictures and nice to hear other Micro Trawler builders.

              One has just recently been launched and drew a lot of attention  at a recent messabout. The builder a cabinet maker by trade. He has posted some good photos.

              I think the plans include Bee plans? Which was an 7'6" trial "test bed" for the fully developed hull. So that is an easy cheap way to try the build method and still end up with a great little boat.

              Nels

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ahmet" <gencahm@...> wrote:

              > I intend to build Micro Trawler and want to contact the builders of
              > Micro Trawler.

            • Rick Bedard
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012
                Ah, I see.   I'll be happy to try and answer building questions. I built an open cockpit version of MT, see photos or files in this group and other Bolger groups with "Reddy" in the tag.

                I am a little bit faraway from sales centers.I am from Middl East

                Or, rather than build, you can buy one. See the bolger for sale group.

                Really beatiful pictures and nice to hear other Micro Trawler builders.

                One has just recently been launched and drew a lot of attention  at a recent messabout. The builder a cabinet maker by trade. He has posted some good photos.

                I think the plans include Bee plans? Which was an 7'6" trial "test bed" for the fully developed hull. So that is an easy cheap way to try the build method and still end up with a great little boat.

                Nels

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ahmet" <gencahm@...> wrote:

                > I intend to build Micro Trawler and want to contact the builders of
                > Micro Trawler.

              • prairiedog2332
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012

                  I really liked your build Rick.

                  Thought it very versatile, easier to build, less cost for material and not as much power required to drive it.
                  What size OB did you use and would you suggest going with that same power?

                   Thinking economy over outright speed.

                  https://plus.google.com/photos/104172476454117871506/albums/5697650383118660593?authkey=COWRh8qPwtCxhAE#photos/104172476454117871506/albums/5697650383118660593

                  Nels

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012
                    Rick,

                    Looks like a 9.9 Yamaha? How fast you think it goes at moderate cruise
                    throttle? And about how much throttle to get it up over it's bow wave?

                    Great family boat I would think for my son who has two young daughters
                    who love the water and to fish and his wife loves to cook them!

                    Nels

                    \

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012
                      Nels,

                      Yes, a used Yammie 9.9. Four Stroke, high thrust.  Quiet and smmooth running, never a problem yet. GPS says 4.5 to 5.5 knots at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle depending on passengers and gear aboard and water conditions.  Full throttle highest recorded speed 6.6 knots in flat lake conditions, but not on plane.   Once I had the boat nearly empty (very light) and a friend's 2-stroke 15hp and she just lifted right up on plane beautifully.
                      Never had the spare bucks to get the right motor for passengers, gear, 26 gallons fuel etc. to run  on plane,  -- a  45hp 4-stroke...

                      Life on-board at 5 knots is simple and relaxing.

                      Rick

                      Looks like a 9.9 Yamaha? How fast you think it goes at moderate cruise
                      throttle? And about how much throttle to get it up over it's bow wave?

                      Great family boat I would think for my son who has two young daughters
                      who love the water and to fish and his wife loves to cook them!

                      Nels

                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "prairiedog2332" <arvent@...> wrote:

                      > I really liked your build Rick.
                      >
                      > Thought it very versatile, easier to build, less cost for material and
                      > not as much power required to drive it.
                      > What size OB did you use and would you suggest going with that same
                      > power?
                      >
                      > Thinking economy over outright speed.

                      https://plus.google.com/photos/104172476454117871506/albums/569765038311\
                      \

                      8660593?authkey=COWRh8qPwtCxhAE#photos/104172476454117871506/albums/5697\
                      \
                      > 650383118660593

                      <https://plus.google.com/photos/104172476454117871506/albums/56976503831\
                      \

                      18660593?authkey=COWRh8qPwtCxhAE#photos/104172476454117871506/albums/569\
                      \
                      > 7650383118660593>
                      >
                      > Nels
                      >

                      > - In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Rick Bedard sctree@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Ah, I see. I'll be happy to try and answer building questions. I
                      > built an open cockpit version of MT, see photos or files in this group
                      > and other Bolger groups with "Reddy" in the tag.

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          bolger-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          bolger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Adirondack Goodboat
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 15, 2012

                        This matter of motoring a Micro hull, maybe completely different with a Trawler: At or near full throttle with my Honda 8, Unless we shift a good deal of weight forward the stern wave rolls right in over the transom. The power head is sitting on the wave. Water goes out as fast as it comes in but it’s disconcerting and I throttle back.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 16, 2012
                          Couldn't see any picture on 2 attached document

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 16, 2012
                            Really beatiful pictures.Mine will be with closed cockpit.I only want to make rectangular shapes(at right and left sides) smaller,at the back side of MT,
                            in order to have more space at the open area.