Re: Folding Brigantine ........maybe

  • Bob Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012
      Those racing sharpies from Parker's book (which are straight out of
      Chapelle's books) were raced in exactly the same manner as the
      Chesapeake racing log canoes; that is, with a very large crew and long
      hiking boards to counter-balance the large sail area. The sharpies
      would probably be faster than the canoes in a good breeze, as they may
      be able to plane. The canoes would probably do better in light airs
      due to their rounded hull form, with a little less wetted area. But,
      somebody build one, and we'll race 'em and find out. I'll volunteer to
      crew on one.