Boat Building in Maine

  • Douglas Pollard
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012

      Now here's a video that warms the cockles of my heart.  If You are like minded and love building by cross cut, broad Axe and foot adz you should find solace here as well.  You'll hear the ring of  the caulking iron and draw in the scent of oakum and pine tar.
       Leaving all the shippy talk aside, I have watched and enjoyed this video many times.  So if you have seen it, watch it again and enjoy.  If not, experience a new thrill. I find something new to  see and feel every time.  I grew up in Baltimore where we built much smaller boats but the feel was the same and so was the pride. I download this video from the Internet Archive and uploaded it to Utube the sound is a bit muted  but it's pretty neat.       click the link.                           Doug

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4si7cGJNDw