Martha Jane Builder & new member

  • Tony Walker
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2000
      Hi everyone,
      I'm Tony Walker from Matcham NSW. (About an hours drive north of
      Sydney, Australia.)

      I've been building a Martha Jane for some time now and was delighted
      to see that some revised plans are available covering added
      ballast,sponsons,new leeboards and a high windowed house. I think
      I'll add all four improvements to the MJ.

      To my knowledge these new plans are not available in Australia.

      Can any one help with details on how I can purchase a set of the
      revised plans + the E-mail address of the supplier.

      Thanks,
      Tony.
    • col_mooney@globalfreeway.com.au
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2000
        -
        Hi Tony,
        Col Mooney from Lismore NSW here, I'm in the fledgling
        stages of my Martha Jane. After much hunting around looking for an
        on line source I concluded its easier to write to Phil Bolger and
        Friends and order the updates direct. They were $50 U.S. last time I
        checked, which unfortunatley equated to around $88 Australian. I
        also included $5 U.S. for postage. He recommends wiring the money
        into his bank account but this incurred a $30 fee at my bank! The
        cheapest way is to get an international bank draft addressed to Phil
        Bolger and Friends. With the $8 bank fee the total came to $103 I
        think. The address is: Phil Bolger & Friends Inc,
        Boat Designers,
        PO Box 1209,
        29 Ferry Street,
        Gloucester, MA 01930
        USA

        His fax No. is 508-282-1349.

        What are you up to with your project? We've got a few MJ builders in
        this group who are very helpful and willing to field our questions.

        Regards,
        Col

        In bolger@egroups.com, "Tony Walker" <mail@w...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > I'm Tony Walker from Matcham NSW. (About an hours drive north of
        > Sydney, Australia.)
        >
        > I've been building a Martha Jane for some time now and was
        delighted
        > to see that some revised plans are available covering added
        > ballast,sponsons,new leeboards and a high windowed house. I think
        > I'll add all four improvements to the MJ.
        >
        > To my knowledge these new plans are not available in Australia.
        >
        > Can any one help with details on how I can purchase a set of the
        > revised plans + the E-mail address of the supplier.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tony.
      • Peter Vanderwaart
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2000
          The address is: Phil Bolger & Friends Inc,
          > Boat Designers,
          > PO Box 1209,
          > 29 Ferry Street,
          > Gloucester, MA 01930
          > USA

          We have 66 Atlantic Street in a posting in Files. Can anyone
          arbitrate?

          PHV
        • visitingsailor
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
            Hi Tony. I live in Jervis Bay. I am chasing the same MJ plans.
            Did you have any luck? Can you email me a few pictures of
            your building progress? Cheers. Constant.

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Walker" <mail@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            > I'm Tony Walker from Matcham NSW. (About an hours drive north of
            > Sydney, Australia.)
            >
            > I've been building a Martha Jane for some time now and was delighted
            > to see that some revised plans are available covering added
            > ballast,sponsons,new leeboards and a high windowed house. I think
            > I'll add all four improvements to the MJ.
            >
            > To my knowledge these new plans are not available in Australia.
            >
            > Can any one help with details on how I can purchase a set of the
            > revised plans + the E-mail address of the supplier.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Tony.

          • CharlesR
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
              The plans should be available at Phil Bolger and Friends. Google them , then phone or fax. They donT do Internet. I'm going to be contacting them soon myself for the 510a drawings myself to update Pelican.

              Leigh