offshore leeboarder

  • podowitz
    Message 1 of 23 , May 24, 2012
      Has anyone built this design tom "Boats...Open Mind?
      Thanks!
    • philbolger@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
        Sorry about the extended 'dead air' on this end.

        She has features all of which have been designed and built before.  But to my current best understanding, she has not been built.
        Thank you for your interest.
        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
        Has anyone built this design tom "Boats...Open Mind?
        Thanks!

      • Kent
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
          Is there anything available on-line about this design? Drawings,
          article, etc.? Thanks -K.

        • philbolger@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
            Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library Loan.

            Susanne
            Is there anything available on-line about this design? Drawings,
            article, etc.? Thanks -K.

            > Sorry about the extended 'dead air' on this end.
            >
            > She has features all of which have been designed and built before. But
            > to my current best understanding, she has not been built.
            > Thank you for your interest.
            > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

          • BruceHallman
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
              BWAOM as an e-book? Sign me up!

            • philbolger@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
                So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
                Susanne
                > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
                > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
                > Loan.
                >
                > Susanne

              • Christopher C. Wetherill
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
                  Susanne,

                  Can't find on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or the McGraw Hill ebook mall.  I would also buy this title or the othe design books.

                  V/R
                  Chris

                • philbolger@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
                    Well, I misunderstood then...  Pulp seems more reliable anyway, never mind publishers snooping per 'reader' what you are reading and what page you're on...

                    Probably misunderstood that one too ?!

                    Susanne

                    > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
                    > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
                    > Loan.
                    >
                    > Susanne

                  • BruceHallman
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 1, 2012
                      Susanne,

                      I looked both on Amazon.com (for the Kindle reader) and on Barnes & Nobel (for the  Nook reader) and see no availability for BWAOM.  Those two readers cover +90% of the ebooks being sold, so I don't confirm that BWAOM is available via e-book as of this moment in time.

                      On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                      So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
                      Susanne
                      > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
                      > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
                      > Loan.
                      >
                      > Susanne

                    • sirdarnell
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                        Go to the Bolger2 group, then files and you'll see a folder named offshore leeboarder.

                        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Kent <kent@...> wrote:

                        > Is there anything available on-line about this design? Drawings,
                        > article, etc.? Thanks -K.
                        >

                        > > Sorry about the extended 'dead air' on this end.
                        > >
                        > > She has features all of which have been designed and built before. But
                        > > to my current best understanding, she has not been built.
                        > > Thank you for your interest.
                        > > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                      • Scot McPherson
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                          The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

                          Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
                          Old Lyme, CT
                          Le Claire, IA
                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:16 PM, BruceHallman <hallman@...> wrote:

                          Susanne,

                          I looked both on Amazon.com (for the Kindle reader) and on Barnes & Nobel (for the  Nook reader) and see no availability for BWAOM.  Those two readers cover +90% of the ebooks being sold, so I don't confirm that BWAOM is available via e-book as of this moment in time.

                          On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                          So I understand from McGraw-Hill.  I have not tried this.  Can you confirm ?
                          Susanne
                          > Well, everything there is to say about her is in the book BOATS WITH AN
                          > OPEN MIND, available as a book, e-book or library-item over Inter-Library
                          > Loan.
                          >
                          > Susanne

                        • Mike Allison
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                            On 08/02/2012 02:51 PM, Scot McPherson wrote:

                            The publisher has to make it available in ebook form. If all of us hit the "tell the publisher you want this for (kindle/nook) " it might happen.

                            Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
                            Old Lyme, CT
                            Le Claire, IA
                            Sent from my iPhone

                            I find it odd that it is not on Amazon as that is where I got my copy for Kindle.

                            Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

                          • philbolger@comcast.net
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

                              So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

                              Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                                On 08/02/2012 03:09 PM, philbolger@... wrote:

                                So you got BWOM in e-book format for Kindle?

                                Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                Boats with an Open Mind: Seventy-Five Unconventional Designs and Concepts
                                It shows published by International Marine - Camdem, Marine
                                Copywrite 1994
                                ISBN 0-07-006376-1

                                I bought it a little over two years ago.
                                If I remember right it was $19.95

                                If you need any other info off the copywrite page, let me know.
                                I do know that they had it listed for several months as I had bought the copy for my Kindle 2 and when it died my other half gave me her old Kindle DX and we had to buy a second copy for that Kindle.

                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012

                                  Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from whom.

                                  Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format availability.

                                  Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                                  • 1 Attachment
                                  • 126 KB
                                  No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                                  ebook for sale.

                                  On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                                  > Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                                  > as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                                  > whom.
                                  >
                                  > Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                                  > availability.
                                  >
                                  > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                • Christopher C. Wetherill
                                  Message 17 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                                    ditto
                                    On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                                    > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                                    > ebook for sale.
                                    >
                                    > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                                    >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                                    >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                                    >> whom.
                                    >>
                                    >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                                    >> availability.
                                    >>
                                    >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                  • Mike Allison
                                    Message 18 of 23 , Aug 2, 2012
                                      On 08/02/2012 03:59 PM, Christopher C. Wetherill wrote:

                                      ditto
                                      On 8/2/2012 4:52 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
                                      > No, not on the USA version of Amazon.com that I just checked, no BWAOM
                                      > ebook for sale.
                                      >
                                      > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                                      >> Well, that confirms what I believed to be the case, that BWOM can be had
                                      >> as an e-book - whatever the snags may be to get it in which format from
                                      >> whom.
                                      >>
                                      >> Please keep me informed what else can be learned as to its e-format
                                      >> availability.
                                      >>
                                      >> Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                      WWW.FIRSTLOAD.COM lists it for download.
                                      and
                                      http://www.2shared.com shows it as a PDF

                                        Message 20 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                                          It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                                          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                                          Message 21 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                                            On 08/03/2012 06:05 AM, philbolger@... wrote:

                                            It seems it's time I check with McGraw-Hill.
                                            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
                                            Yes, sounds like it. they maybe able to tell you at the same time
                                            why Amazon no longer has the Kindle version.

                                            Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)

                                          • Ed Drapela
                                            Message 22 of 23 , Aug 3, 2012
                                            • Scot McPherson
                                              Message 23 of 23 , Aug 4, 2012
                                                That's just a few towns over from me. Nice looking boat.