Bending AS29 bottom plate

  • sandidgeneal
    Message 1 of 46 , May 12, 2012
      Just got a quote from a local shipyard on rolling the 1/2" steel bottom plates for my AS29. $1500! Just for the bending. Still have to buy the plate, have it cut to suit, bore and countersink the bolt-holes, and galvanize!

      Fortunately, Filipinos are very clever, so we are going to look around for other low-tech options to make the curve (i.e. pounding it with sledgehammers!).

      Neal
    • c.ruzer
      Message 46 of 46 , May 23, 2012
        Trevor Robertson had huge icicles grow in the cabin over the Antarctic winter - talk about endurence! Rationed heating days became wet and uncomfortable. He piled on snow for more insulation in Greenland winter!