RE: [bolger] Inboard idea...

  • Wayne Gilham
    Message 1 of 12 , May 9, 2012
    Glen-L may have resources how to adapt an automobile engine -- seems that "make-do" approach is
    right up their alley. Check their website

    Regards,

    Wayne Gilham
  • Christopher C. Wetherill
    Message 2 of 12 , May 9, 2012
      Barr Marine was the big player in my youth.  They still exist.  It appears they are concentrated on V-8, however.

      V/R
      Chris

      On 5/9/2012 4:27 PM, Wayne Gilham wrote:
      <*>[Attachment(s) from Wayne Gilham included below]

      Glen-L may have resources how to adapt an automobile engine -- seems that "make-do" approach is
      right up their alley. Check their website

      Regards,

      Wayne Gilham

      <*>Attachment(s) from Wayne Gilham:

        <*> winmail.dat

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          bolger-digest@yahoogroups.com
          bolger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Wayne Gilham
      Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2012
      There used to be an old long-skinny round-bilge boat on-the-beach here in Pacific NW (Longbranch, WA
      as I remember) with a heavy old striaght-six waaaaaay forward under the foredeck, perhaps to get a
      shallower shaft-exit angle... never saw it running, but I bet it really threw an arc of spray off
      that rather immersed bow....

      Wayne Gilham

      Message 4 of 12 , May 9, 2012
        On 05/09/2012 03:27 PM, Wayne Gilham wrote:

        Glen-L may have resources how to adapt an automobile engine -- seems that "make-do" approach is
        right up their alley. Check their website

        Regards,

        Wayne Gilham

        Glen-L has a plan for a homemade FNR setup that uses a pillowblock to support the shaft.
        It may give you an idea to start from.

        Mike Allison... (North of Kansas City Mo. USA)