Re: Micro vs Long Micro ply count

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2012
      Thanks for the info William! I'm fixing up my Micro cosmetically at the moment (it's been stored for a couple of years), and hope to be sailing it again shortly. I've only had it out once, and was quite impressed with it. I think it's the best micro-cruiser in its size range out there. I spend a lot of time (maybe TOO much!), playing with boat designs, and I was curious about the amount neccesary to extend the lines by 4', and also the increase in scantlings. Watching the various videos on the net of LMs sailing made me wonder if it would be a good choice if my boat ever needs replacing. My Micro seems strong enough, though. It was built in Washington in 86, and hopefully will last a few more years!