Non metal fastenings

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 5:36 PM
      For those doing cold molding and other construction where they don't
      want metal fastenings that can corrode or dull a saw blade. I had looked
      at these several years ago but they have been upgraded a lot since then

      http://www.boatdesigns.com/Raptorreg-Fastenings-Tools/products/926/

      HJ
    • John and Kathy Trussell
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 5:45 PM

        I understand that these fasteners have been in common use for strip planked hulls in England for some time, but I didn’t know that they were available here. Thanks for letting us know.

        If it matters, I’ve been using plastic wire ties in stitch and glue construction for some time. They work wonderfully well and anything you part of the tie which can’t cut off can be encapsulated.

        JohnT

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 5:56 PM
          Duckworks has them.
          John Boy

          You can trust me, I have a degree in science...

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 6:18 PM
            If I had known that I would have given the link you did. Thanks.

            HJ

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 6:32 PM
              :) No worries!

              http://www.duckworksbbs.com/tools/raptor.htm