Re: [bolger] Re: Schooner on ebay

  • Mathew
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 2, 2012
      Well, as far as boats are concerned, I'm not a Bolger expert, but I am something of a fan.  I just wonder if this is a good blue-water vessel, or if it's best for coastal traveling?  Also, I noted that bottom fasteners were replaced in '05 - how often should that be necessary?  I eventually plan to live aboard a vessel, and travel the world on the cheap.  That's right, using boat bums as part of the labor for maintenance as I go.  For "go money," I'll be doing some work online.  I know some of the popular names to look for in this age boat, as being worth watching for....
      This is a truly beautiful craft.  Could she be single handed?  Would she hold up well over years of regular sailing?  Or, would the eventual "bottom refastening" be something that wrecks an otherwise pristinely maintained craft?

      Not that I can necessarily make such a purchase at this time, but....
      Damn, I see her lines, and I want to.

      From: james fry <hunter02_2002@...>To: "bolger@yahoogroups.com" <bolger@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, March 2, 2012 6:35 PMSubject: Re: [bolger] Re: Schooner on e

      Admittedly I'm a SneakEasy kind of guy myself, but damn, nearly 3000 visitors to this beaut , and not one nibble. Times must be tough.
      Jim
      When I bought my first Jeep, I couldn't fit $2.50 worth of fuel in it. Just now filled up my '98TJ and it cost $50.00.
      When the Chosen One was running for President he was asked what price he'd be comfortable with for gas. His reply was 7-8 dollars a gallon. What the heck are we ever going to do if he hits his 'comfort zone'?

      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 28, 2012
        It arrived yesterday in my Messing About in Boats.

        The suggestion to move the light engine forward is a recurrent theme. Have any other designers done that?