Re: [bolger] Re: Memorial video

  • Susanne@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2012

      Mr. Tyson,
          it would seem that there are a range of conflicting perspectives driving your current postings.
      Complex shapes do not inherently suggest 'quality' by any stretch.
      Complex shapes do not necessarily perform 'better'.
      #681 is a simple plywood-based shape with just enough entry-sophistication to aim for 'the best of both worlds', hastening to add that this design-brief as posted by USN would not be a good idea at all in any 'round-bilge' approach.

      MARTHA JANE, one of Phil's more favored sharpies defines herself on her own terms, independently from various pre-conceived notions about 'looks'.
      There is a photo of Tim Fatchen's AS-29 with bare masts almost hovering above the water - pure art in the eyes of some, including myself.
      Phil 'got hooked' looking at 110s and other pre-Bolger 'box-boats'...
      And of course there is plenty oogly 'round' hulls, as there can be such hard-chine geometries.

      Whatever drives the emotions today, Hugo, I wish you well.  ...'might even warrant sympathy if cause is serious enough.

      At to the world/people ruining things, getting less wasteful design-approaches developed and out there - some better than others... - is one modest way to address the penchant towards 'hyper'-consumption by too many, including of their man-hours on personal projects, while other serious local/regional/global matters might be legitimate pursuits instead.

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F