Re: [bolger] Re: Schooner on ebay

  • Hugo Tyson
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 23, 2012
    • 3.8 MB
    It seems to me that the majority of subscribers to this website aren't interested in quality boats..just slap together...cheap and nasty throw-aways..Bolger was an innovator for this type of craft...but his best designs( In my biased opinion) are always the round bottomed traditionally built..either power or sail. I know this will offend ..but I'm tired of the Bolger group and will be un-subscribing soon. Bruce Hallmans postings of his rough interpretations of Bolger's designs are interesting...but does he actually build boats? Has he launched his "Topaz"yet...

    I miss the witty and sometime irreverant postings of Peter Lenihan  and Le Mouton Noir de la Kingston!..Bruce Hector..: since those two erudite  fellow have given up on this group its really become quite boring..trivial S***. !

    As I posted ...Reuel Parker has done me a design for a 42'Schooner...based on the Virginia Pilot Boats of the 1800's...at a very reasonable price..and in about 12 weeks not 5  years with no result!

    At the moment I'm looking forwadrs to the 21' Handy Bill (Harry Bryan design) about to be launched soon!

    Bye Bye Bolgerados!

    PS. Dad sold Beluga(Too) for $39000 so the asking price of $69000 for a used boat (even given inflation) is absurd

    Message 40 of 40 , Sep 28, 2012
      It arrived yesterday in my Messing About in Boats.

      The suggestion to move the light engine forward is a recurrent theme. Have any other designers done that?