Walkure for sale!

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23 1:00 PM
      It is with deeply mixed emotions that Bev and I have come to the decision that Walkure must find a new home. We have tried for a year to get someone in the family to take over our beloved AS-29 but alas, no one is able to do it.

      We love this boat, and she has been good to us. She has seen us safely through over 7,000 miles of cruising from the Great Lakes to the Florida Keys and just about everywhere in between. She is the perfect boat for the Great Loop and has served us well in that capacity, but the time has come to move on.

      Our "new" boat, Queequeg, is larger and faster and a bit more ocean capable. We have nearly completed the refit of Queequeg and will be cruising her this summer. Meanwhile, Walkure sits on the hard and will soon be in need of some attention. A loving owner will have no trouble bringing her into cruising trim quite quickly. As of now, she needs some cleaning, some new batteries, perhaps a new line or two, some fresh varnish on her brightwork and she'll be ready to go.

      We will be away from Marathon for about 6 months starting in late April or early May and we dread the thought of her lying here without us to care for her for so long. Also, it is just too expensive for us to continue to maintain and store two boats.

      If you are interested in taking possession of a truly unique and remarkable boat, please email me. Reasonable offers will be entertained, but we are not giving her away, she means too much to us.
    • Cary Grimm
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27 7:39 PM
        Hello,
        I am sorry for your future loss, What would you consider a reasonable offer?
                                                                                                                                   Cary Grimm
                                                                                                                                   carygrimm@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28 4:08 AM
          Please see the craigslist:
          http://keys.craigslist.org/boa/2868167356.html

          The price is negotiable, but we do need to get some $$$ from her, she cost $20,000 to build.

          Thanks for your interest,
          Mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2012
            Mike I recall you mentioned there were some minor maintenance issues. Could you spell them out for me? Where is the boat right now?

            Patrick A. Connor
            Executive Vice President & Manager,
            National Services Group
            Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
            141 East Town Street, Suite 101
            Columbus, Ohio 43215-5412
            Phone: 614-341-1900 Ext 13502
            Mobile: 614-208-9308