Re: FYI Coleman Outboards

  • Mark Hamill
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17 4:24 PM
      Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17 4:42 PM
        The 5hp looks a little different but the larger are dead ringers. Thoughtful of Parsun to put links to more expensive manufacturers on their own page.
        Even has electric!

        On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Mark Hamill wrote:

        Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH

      • Russell Dawkins
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18 10:43 AM
          According to the specifications on the Coleman website they are all 72cc and 2.6 hp - even the 15hp version!
        • Harry James
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 18 11:11 AM
            Go to the details and it gives the actual model.They all weigh 36lbs too.

            HJ

            On 2/18/2012 9:43 AM, Russell Dawkins wrote:
            > According to the specifications on the Coleman website they are all 72cc and 2.6 hp - even the 15hp version!

          • Wayne Gilham
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 18 11:00 PM
            • 1 Attachment
            • 10 KB
            You can get better info from the Coleman site on the 9.9/15, if you click on the "brochure" and
            download that .pdf file.

            Looks like the Coleman 9.9 and 15 share the same powerhead, which means that the 9.9 is quite heavy
            compared to tohatsu/nissan, which share powerheads in 8 and 9.8 (only about 85 lb!), then jump to
            this heavier weight for their 15 and 20.

            Rgards,

            Wayne Gilham

            who bought his 9.8 Tohatsu "mail-order" from www.onlineoutboards.com, specifically to save the
            sales-tax, BUT also since this was cheapest price I could find (free shipping!). Flawless service.

            The 5hp looks a little different but the larger are dead ringers. Thoughtful of Parsun to put links
            to more expensive manufacturers on their own page.

            Even has electric!

            On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Mark Hamill wrote:

            Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they
            look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH

            _____

            No virus found in this message.

            No virus found in this message.