Re: [bolger] Fun with pallets

  • Greg Kay
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
      Thanks for posting that! Inspiring.

      From: Mark Albanese <marka97203@...>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 5:27 AM
      Subject: [bolger] Fun with pallets

      This makes a possible boat shed.

      Much more here.
      http://tinyurl.com/7blmu8p

    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
        "I did not know that."
        http://www.colemanpowered.com/parts-a-accessories/category/boat-
        motors.html

        These are not rebranded Briggs as I expected, but water cooled.
        There's some controversy about where they're made - most probably
        (where else but) China. Decent prices at Cabela's and Walmart.
      • Mark Hamill
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
          Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH
        • Mark Albanese
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
            The 5hp looks a little different but the larger are dead ringers. Thoughtful of Parsun to put links to more expensive manufacturers on their own page.
            Even has electric!

            On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Mark Hamill wrote:

            Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH

          • Russell Dawkins
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
              According to the specifications on the Coleman website they are all 72cc and 2.6 hp - even the 15hp version!
            • Harry James
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
                Go to the details and it gives the actual model.They all weigh 36lbs too.

                HJ

                On 2/18/2012 9:43 AM, Russell Dawkins wrote:
                > According to the specifications on the Coleman website they are all 72cc and 2.6 hp - even the 15hp version!

              • Wayne Gilham
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
                • 1 Attachment
                • 10 KB
                You can get better info from the Coleman site on the 9.9/15, if you click on the "brochure" and
                download that .pdf file.

                Looks like the Coleman 9.9 and 15 share the same powerhead, which means that the 9.9 is quite heavy
                compared to tohatsu/nissan, which share powerheads in 8 and 9.8 (only about 85 lb!), then jump to
                this heavier weight for their 15 and 20.

                Rgards,

                Wayne Gilham

                who bought his 9.8 Tohatsu "mail-order" from www.onlineoutboards.com, specifically to save the
                sales-tax, BUT also since this was cheapest price I could find (free shipping!). Flawless service.

                The 5hp looks a little different but the larger are dead ringers. Thoughtful of Parsun to put links
                to more expensive manufacturers on their own page.

                Even has electric!

                On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Mark Hamill wrote:

                Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they
                look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH

                _____

                No virus found in this message.

                No virus found in this message.