Fun with pallets

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012

      This makes a possible boat shed.

      Much more here.
    • Greg Kay
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
        Thanks for posting that! Inspiring.

        From: Mark Albanese <marka97203@...>
        To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 5:27 AM
        Subject: [bolger] Fun with pallets

        This makes a possible boat shed.

        Much more here.
        http://tinyurl.com/7blmu8p

      • Mark Albanese
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
          "I did not know that."
          http://www.colemanpowered.com/parts-a-accessories/category/boat-
          motors.html

          These are not rebranded Briggs as I expected, but water cooled.
          There's some controversy about where they're made - most probably
          (where else but) China. Decent prices at Cabela's and Walmart.
        • Mark Hamill
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
            Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH
          • Mark Albanese
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 17, 2012
              The 5hp looks a little different but the larger are dead ringers. Thoughtful of Parsun to put links to more expensive manufacturers on their own page.
              Even has electric!

              On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Mark Hamill wrote:

              Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH

            • Russell Dawkins
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
                According to the specifications on the Coleman website they are all 72cc and 2.6 hp - even the 15hp version!
              • Harry James
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
                  Go to the details and it gives the actual model.They all weigh 36lbs too.

                  HJ

                  On 2/18/2012 9:43 AM, Russell Dawkins wrote:
                  > According to the specifications on the Coleman website they are all 72cc and 2.6 hp - even the 15hp version!

                • Wayne Gilham
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
                  You can get better info from the Coleman site on the 9.9/15, if you click on the "brochure" and
                  download that .pdf file.

                  Looks like the Coleman 9.9 and 15 share the same powerhead, which means that the 9.9 is quite heavy
                  compared to tohatsu/nissan, which share powerheads in 8 and 9.8 (only about 85 lb!), then jump to
                  this heavier weight for their 15 and 20.

                  Rgards,

                  Wayne Gilham

                  who bought his 9.8 Tohatsu "mail-order" from www.onlineoutboards.com, specifically to save the
                  sales-tax, BUT also since this was cheapest price I could find (free shipping!). Flawless service.

                  The 5hp looks a little different but the larger are dead ringers. Thoughtful of Parsun to put links
                  to more expensive manufacturers on their own page.

                  Even has electric!

                  On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Mark Hamill wrote:

                  Those outboards look like the Yamaha knock offs made by Parsun in China. Check out the site--they
                  look exactly the same. http://www.parsunmarine.com/index.asp MarkH

                  _____

                  No virus found in this message.

                  No virus found in this message.