Re: [bolger] 30 Odd Boats

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 10, 2012
      Great gift good price.

      HJ

      On 1/10/2012 8:08 PM, fritzdfk wrote:
      > 30 Odd Boats for sale on Ebay right now $19.99 "Buy It Now"
      >
      > This is not my add but this is a good price.
      >
      > http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-ODD-BOATS-HARDCOVER-PHILLIP-C-BOLGER-/120841070695?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1c22b06867#ht_500wt_990

    • jvonbor
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 5, 2013
        If anyone has a copy of 30 Odd Boats with an intact dust jacket I wonder if they could take a good picture of the front and send it to me.
        I believe the boat on the cover is mine, a Fancy named Truancy. I purchased it last year from the builder in Port Townsend during the Wooden Boat Festival.
      • Joe T
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 6, 2013
          "Jacket photograph of Fancy by William J. Book" The text states that Book was the owner. It was built by Ernest Tarr of Gloucester.
          The article is six pages with several drawings. Likely not your boat on the cover, unless Mr Tarr moved to the left coast. In any event you should buy the book to read what Phil says about Fancy.

          Joe T

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "jvonbor" <jvonbor@...> wrote:

          > If anyone has a copy of 30 Odd Boats with an intact dust jacket I wonder if they could take a good picture of the front and send it to me.
          > I believe the boat on the cover is mine, a Fancy named Truancy. I purchased it last year from the builder in Port Townsend during the Wooden Boat Festival.

        • jack warmenhoven
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 6, 2013
            i do have the book in storage like new in canada but live in costa rica  if you have trouble my brother could photograph it

            "Jacket photograph of Fancy by William J. Book" The text states that Book was the owner. It was built by Ernest Tarr of Gloucester.
            The article is six pages with several drawings. Likely not your boat on the cover, unless Mr Tarr moved to the left coast. In any event you should buy the book to read what Phil says about Fancy.

            Joe T

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "jvonbor" <jvonbor@...> wrote:

            > If anyone has a copy of 30 Odd Boats with an intact dust jacket I wonder if they could take a good picture of the front and send it to me.
            > I believe the boat on the cover is mine, a Fancy named Truancy. I purchased it last year from the builder in Port Townsend during the Wooden Boat Festival.

          • prairiedog2332
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 6, 2013
              I scanned the cover and put a copy in your Folder.

              The original owner of Fancy was William J. Book. The builder Ernie Tarr, Gloucester MA.

              Nels