RE: [bolger] (unknown)

  • John and Kathy Trussell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012

      I’ve always liked PCB’s rules for the Gloucester Schooner [Folding Schooner] Class as published in The Folding Schooner.  I particularly like # 5 “Boats protested for inadequate structural strength shall be tested by one kick from the bare toes of the protester at a point of his own choosing, any resulting damage to be the penalty of the protestee for the excessive lightness.”

      I have never been a fan of rules or litigious sailors who seek to exploit any perceived advantage which the rules may give them. But then I no longer race and so I can’t (or shouldn’t) really criticize.

      JohnT