  • Frank Raisin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012
      Hi Paul,

      Being exhaultedly qualified. You probably knew all this ... But I thought it interesting anyway

      http://onemetre.net/OtherTopics/Philos/Rulephil.htm

      Rgds,

      Frank

      Looks like its a young world at the centre of things after all!

      > Bolger rules!!!

    • John and Kathy Trussell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012

        I’ve always liked PCB’s rules for the Gloucester Schooner [Folding Schooner] Class as published in The Folding Schooner.  I particularly like # 5 “Boats protested for inadequate structural strength shall be tested by one kick from the bare toes of the protester at a point of his own choosing, any resulting damage to be the penalty of the protestee for the excessive lightness.”

        I have never been a fan of rules or litigious sailors who seek to exploit any perceived advantage which the rules may give them. But then I no longer race and so I can’t (or shouldn’t) really criticize.

        JohnT