Re: [bolger] Re: Picture album

  • Douglas Pollard
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2011
      On 11/04/2011 11:26 AM, Peter wrote:

      > They are pictures of my aluminum Bolger Cat yawl, Wolftrap, ...

      Thanks. That design is one of my favorites, though I'm sure that I'd like the lug rig too much.

      That was a good rig and unbelievably fast.  We decided to go to the Bahamas and South and felt that the main with 500 sq. feet in it was just to big.  I have siled schooner some and thought it would be fun to covert her and we did. WE kept the Cat yawl l rig and put a schooner rig on her for smaller sails and shorter masts.  We lengthened the bow sprite and put a boomkin on her to lengthen the rig to keep the same square footage in the rig and to balance around the same center of resistance and effort.  She sailed good but was slower than Bolgers rig by a lot. We lived aboard and sailed the Caribbean for severl years. A great boat.              Doug