Photo Added to Album

  • Kendall
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
      I've just added a cell phone picture of my new Micro Navigator project. I'll post some better photos soon and I'll keep it updated as I finish the build.
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
        A good start!

        On Oct 23, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Kendall wrote:
        > I've just added a cell phone picture of my new Micro Navigator
        > project. I'll post some better photos soon and I'll keep it updated
        > as I finish the build.
      • prairiedog2332
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 24, 2011
          Wow that Nav cabin looks really good! I recall seeing Puff without it so
          wonder what happened to the rudder assembly?

          Ummm - that trailer? Hoping it is only temporary if taking the finished
          product very far...

          Nels

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 24, 2011
            I've got most of the rudder assembly but removed it for trailering. Can you believe that this trailer made a 750 mile trip (FL to AR). I inspected it further once I got home and feel very lucky.

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "prairiedog2332" <arvent@...> wrote:

            > Wow that Nav cabin looks really good! I recall seeing Puff without it so
            > wonder what happened to the rudder assembly?
            >
            > Ummm - that trailer? Hoping it is only temporary if taking the finished
            > product very far...
            >
            > Nels
            >

            > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Kendall" <ken_j_@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've just added a cell phone picture of my new Micro Navigator
            > project. I'll post some better photos soon and I'll keep it updated as I
            > finish the build.

          • prairiedog2332
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 24, 2011

              I agree - very lucky! If I recall Puff was built by Bob Archibald and well worth refurbishing I would think. You might get some useful info from Peter Lenihan's articles at DW regarding the rudder build. He used a SS rudder post. But be sure to add the end plate recommended in later updates to the plans . I think one made from aluminum would work, especially if planning to sail in fresh water. If you hit something it can be easily straigtened again.

              http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/00/DM1999/articles/micro2/index.htm

              Nels

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Kendall" <ken_j_@...> wrote:

              > I've got most of the rudder assembly but removed it for trailering. Can you believe that this trailer made a 750 mile trip (FL to AR). I inspected it further once I got home and feel very lucky.
              >
              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "prairiedog2332" arvent@ wrote:
              > >

              > > Wow that Nav cabin looks really good! I recall seeing Puff without it so
              > > wonder what happened to the rudder assembly?
              > >
              > > Ummm - that trailer? Hoping it is only temporary if taking the finished
              > > product very far...
              > >
              > > Nels
              > >

              > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Kendall" <ken_j_@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I've just added a cell phone picture of my new Micro Navigator
              > > project. I'll post some better photos soon and I'll keep it updated as I
              > > finish the build.

            • Kendall
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 25, 2011
                I don't have any of the amendments that came with the later plans. Does anyone have them so I can see what the changes are?