18' work skiff end of season??? hope not

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2011
      went up and down Lake Quinsigamond several times today. Pretty busy place on an 82 degree Columbus Day (if you are from another country, it would take a while to explain this US Holiday).

      Had an educational experience following the wake of a Jersey Speed Skiff in a narrow place where the wake piles up. I twisted the throttle while the bow was dug in and the boat immediately started to broach. No harm done as I recogized the issue instantly. But, it was a curious moment. In regular swells this has not been a problem. took notes...

      It still is a great skiff doing 15 mph with my 2 cycle 10hp Evinrude.
      The Jersey Speed Skiff hits 50mph. No contest. I do think I used less gasoline than he.

      David