Re: [bolger] Viking funeral for boat--probably A Bad Idea

  • Stefan Topolski
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4, 2011
      Amen about toxic comes from nature and it will go back.  Nature magazine recently published about the gulf oil spill and other spills as evidence that oil-eating bacteria in soil and water can do a lot more than we ever realized to eat the oil and restore the natural balance... given some time, but the damage is never permanent.

      All the Best,
      Stefan

      "One gathers peace as a feather in the palm of one's hand."    -anonymous

      Stefan Topolski  MD
      Assist. Professor, U. of Massachusetts Medical School
      Clinical Instructor, U. of New England
      Founder and Director of
      Caring in Community, Inc.  501(c)3
      1105 Mohawk Trail
      Shelburne Falls, Ma.

      El sep 20, 2011, a las 1:35 pm, Doug escribió:

          All that toxic wast is taken from the environment and It all goes back. Burning is just faster. We poor ignorant slobs here on planet earth don't make anything, we convert one thing to another but then it's
       still all here in the end.                           Doug

      On 09/20/2011 01:23 PM, Clayton Ford wrote:

      . . . and then the toxic items go to the landfill. Make sure you take the remains to a landfill that deals with toxic waste.

      "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." Vince Lombardi

      "You cannot take away freedom to protect it, you cannot destroy the free market to save it, and you cannot uphold freedom by silencing those with whom you disagree. To take rights away to defend them or to spend your way out of debt defies common sense." Glenn Beck

      'Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers' (D&C 112:10)

      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      From: crandall@...
      Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:43:39 -0500
      Subject: [bolger] Viking funeral for boat--probably A Bad Idea

      A short reminder: Burning epoxy and polyester creates toxic and harmful
      fumes; holding one is a Pyrrhic victory. If your boat is all wood,
      without toxic glues or lead paint, fire away. But if it's a typical
      Bolger boat, with epoxy, polyester, red lead, white lead, etc., then
      save yourself, your family, and your neighbors, by use of reciprocating
      saw and a dumpster.

    • Stefan Topolski
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 4, 2011
        a complete mess - BLECHH.

        All the Best,
        Stefan

        El sep 21, 2011, a las 11:15 am, Peter escribió:

        > - So, the dumpster seems the way to go.

        There a couple of Olympic sailors who burned their boat after the races. IIRC, it was an Etchells that had been dropped and the internal stiffness destroyed. It made an ugly, smokey fire. A nice crisp wood fire is one thing, but burning plastic is a mess.

      • Chris Crandall
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 5, 2011
          It's not much good if "some time" is thousands of years. Or more.