A Nymph grows in Damascus

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2011
      My model airplane flying buddy Bob Marchese and I are in the process of building a Nymph, and here is a link to his picasa album building log. Sea trials are scheduled for Sunday. Here's what I have so far:

      https://picasaweb.google.com/bobm123/Nymph?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOmJ5qrmsNOG_wE&feat=directlink

      We are hoping to have her at the Mid Atlantic Small Craft Festival. Next weekend.

      BTW,
      Bob has been trying to join the list but has not received a reply yet. Can anyone assist?

      Thanks
      Doug Griggs
      Damascus MD

      I hope that is boat building "cred" enough to join the list, or should I have built the cartopper? :-)

      Thanks in advance,
      Bob Marchese
    • BobM
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2011
        Now on the list, WOOT!

        Nymph project here in Damascus Maryland is coming along fine, but Doug and I didn't get her in the water yet. Close, we we decided not to rush it and ruin something. First code of varnish went on last night so this weekend looks good. More pictures to follow.

        Any suggestions for a decent sail for her? We were thinking of a sprit rig about of 30 sq feet.

        Thanks in advance,
        Bob M

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <dbdbgriggs@...> wrote:

        > My model airplane flying buddy Bob Marchese and I are in the process of building a Nymph, and here is a link to his picasa album building log. Sea trials are scheduled for Sunday. Here's what I have so far:
        >
        > https://picasaweb.google.com/bobm123/Nymph?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOmJ5qrmsNOG_wE&feat=directlink
        >
        > We are hoping to have her at the Mid Atlantic Small Craft Festival. Next weekend.
        >
        > BTW,
        > Bob has been trying to join the list but has not received a reply yet. Can anyone assist?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Doug Griggs
        > Damascus MD
        >
        > I hope that is boat building "cred" enough to join the list, or should I have built the cartopper? :-)
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Bob Marchese

      • Bill Howard
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2011
          Hello Bob:

          Plans specify a 40 square foot sail.  This is available from Harold H. Payson & Co., Pleasant Beach Road, South Thomaston  Maine 04858 for $235.

          I bought the sail for my June Bug from Payson & Co. and have been very pleased with it.

          Bill Howard
          Nellysford VA