Re: [bolger] Three D catalog

  • Pierce Nichols
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15 11:41 AM

      I'm listening to Bre Pettis speak right now...

      On Sep 15, 2011 2:25 PM, "Peter" <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

      > There is an article in the NY Times today about a new inexpensive "3-D printer" called the Thing-O-Matic. (Link: http://tinyurl.com/5rs46yk but it won't work for more than a couple days.)
      >
      > The idea is you give the machine a file, and it produces a 3-D object. So, if we all get together and give Bruce Hallman one, then with same effort that he puts into all the CAD pictures, he can produce a plastic model.
      >
      > Pretty cool.

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > bolger-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > bolger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • BruceHallman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15 1:33 PM
        On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Peter <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

        > There is an article in the NY Times today about a new inexpensive "3-D printer"

        There is an outfit called "TechShop" here in S.F. that has one of
        these, which you can use for a membership fee of $125/month. I went
        down and saw it in action a few weeks ago, and it is the real deal.

        http://techshop.ws/
      • Pierce Nichols
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16 6:54 AM

          There's an outfit in Seattle that has a bunch of 3d printers called Metrix Create Space.