Three D catalog

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15 11:25 AM
      There is an article in the NY Times today about a new inexpensive "3-D printer" called the Thing-O-Matic. (Link: http://tinyurl.com/5rs46yk but it won't work for more than a couple days.)

      The idea is you give the machine a file, and it produces a 3-D object. So, if we all get together and give Bruce Hallman one, then with same effort that he puts into all the CAD pictures, he can produce a plastic model.

      Pretty cool.
    • Pierce Nichols
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15 11:41 AM

        I'm listening to Bre Pettis speak right now...

        On Sep 15, 2011 2:25 PM, "Peter" <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

        > There is an article in the NY Times today about a new inexpensive "3-D printer" called the Thing-O-Matic. (Link: http://tinyurl.com/5rs46yk but it won't work for more than a couple days.)
        >
        > The idea is you give the machine a file, and it produces a 3-D object. So, if we all get together and give Bruce Hallman one, then with same effort that he puts into all the CAD pictures, he can produce a plastic model.
        >
        > Pretty cool.

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > bolger-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > bolger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • BruceHallman
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15 1:33 PM
          On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Peter <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

          > There is an article in the NY Times today about a new inexpensive "3-D printer"

          There is an outfit called "TechShop" here in S.F. that has one of
          these, which you can use for a membership fee of $125/month. I went
          down and saw it in action a few weeks ago, and it is the real deal.

          http://techshop.ws/
        • Pierce Nichols
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16 6:54 AM

            There's an outfit in Seattle that has a bunch of 3d printers called Metrix Create Space.