long dory

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011

      Hi I built Bolger 19 foot dory “ticket to heaven” some years ago. Really lovely lines and easy to build. I rowed it by myself it and  it was perfect, as there’s enough space to lie down on the floor after a long row and watch the evening sky. I modified the insides by removing the longitudinal rails for the seat and sat on a small bench on the floor and had a 9mm Dacron cord attached to a small plank for my feet. This worked really well as it opened up the whole length of the boat and she was still plenty stiff. Two of these boats attached by a center deck would make a beautiful catamaran.

      My only complaint was that the beautiful high bow would catch the wind and make it difficult to row straight line .

      Great boat for 2 easy to build and a heart stopper to look at.

      Cheers

      Pat

    • Briancady413
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2011
        Hi Pat,

        How did you arrange the cord-and-plank footrest? How flexible was the boat without the stringers?

        Brian